This can be a hectic time of year for most people. It's easy to get swept up in the hustle and bustle. Sometimes it's hard to remember to be fully present. Try this breathing exercise I learned from Dr. Weil. It's called "4:7:8"
1. Exhale completely through your mouth. As you do make a "whooshing" sound.
2. Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose and count to 4
3. Hold your breath for a count of 7
4. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound,
to a count of 8
5. This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of 4 breaths.
Leave a Reply.